- Live performances as its primary activity
- At least one performance per academic year
- Uniqueness in its artistic style and/or process
- A satisfactory size, as determined by the pertinent subcommittee’s bylaws.
- A general body of which 80% must be currently enrolled, undergraduate students at the University of Pennsylvania. Students taking a leave of absence are not considered as currently enrolled.
- At least three officers, including a chair/president and a business manager/budget director/treasurer.
- Registration as a student group with the Office of Student Life.
- A written constitution or charter kept on file with the Office of Student Life, which includes the group’s mission statement and organizational structure. Any changes to the mission statement must be approved by the group’s subcommittee chair.
PAC Exec may waive certain criteria at its discretion.
*As outlined in the PAC Constitution
(Note: PAC is currently in Moratorium. No new groups can be accepted at this time.)
- Must have had at least two solo performances, both of which cannot be in the same academic semester and at least one of which must have been on Penn’s campus
- Must demonstrate student interest in the group by having successfully recruited members over the previous two years.
- Must meet with the appropriate subcommittee chair in September to confirm eligibility. Upon confirmation, the group will present at the October subcommittee GBM (which then must take place before the October PAC GBM). The subcommittee will provide either a positive or negative recommendation to recognizing the new group.
- Be recognized by the PAC general body at the October PAC GBM by a vote. If the subcommittee provides a positive recommendation, an affirmative simple majority vote of the general body is required for recognition. If the subcommittee provides a negative recommendation, an affirmative two-thirds majority vote of the general body is required for recognition.
- Monthly PAC GBMs
- Monthly Subcommittee GBMs
- Monthly Chair Chats
- Subcommittee Chair Elections (February)
- Treasurer’s Training (at the beginning of each semester)
- Pre-Production Meeting (at the beginning of each semester)
- Mandatory Trainings (as needed)
*Absence or tardiness at the mentioned mandatory events will result in demerits. For specific information on receiving demerits, please contact PAC Exec. Please note that there are other subcommittee specific demerits – please contact your subcommittee chair for more information.
- FPAN Tech Form (over the summer)
- FamPAN Tech Form (September-October)
- Space Share/Collaboration Contract, if applicable (3 weeks before the Sunday of your tech week)
- PAC Performance Review Form (3 weeks before the Sunday of your tech week)
- Tech Rider (4 weeks before the Sunday of your tech week)
- If your show is in the Annenberg Center, you will need to fill out the Annenberg tech rider after your 6-week meeting with Blake DiDonato (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Spring 2020 Tech Rider
- Show Review Form (2 weeks after the Saturday of your last performance)
- Spring Performance Space Request Form (November-December)
- Fall Performance Space Request Form (April-May)
- Mandatory Surveys (as needed)
***Late submissions for the mentioned forms will result in demerits. For specific information on receiving demerits, please contact PAC Exec. Please note that there are other subcommittee specific demerits – please contact your subcommittee chair for more information.