Before You Get to Your Performance Space at the Beginning of Tech Week
- Check with the PAC Shop to confirm your tech needs, especially any wireless mics that you need to pick up from them. (This should have been addressed already through your tech rider, but it’s always good to double check your information.)
When You Get to Your Performance Space at the Beginning of Tech Week
- Check in with the technician staffed at the theater. Introduce yourselves, confirm your tech week schedule, and confirm your tech needs (especially mics).
- Do a dimmer or channel check of all of your lights to make sure they are working. If there are any that are not working, check with the technician.
- Set up your mics and confirm they are all working. If there are any issues, check with the technician or with the PAC Shop.
- Take note of what belongs to your group, what belongs to the PAC Shop, and what belongs to the theater.
During Tech Week
- Throw away all trash, including backstage, in the dressing rooms and in the house.
- End rehearsals at least 15 minutes before your scheduled end time, to allow time for clean up and leaving the building.
- Start and end on time!
- If you encounter a problem with technical equipment, first speak with the house technician, and second let the PAC Shop know!
- Pick up all tools, sweep floors, and leave onstage and backstage areas tidy, so others may navigate the space if needed.
Before You Leave Your Performance Space at the End of Tech Week
- Throw away all trash, including backstage, in the dressing rooms and in the house. Make sure any programs audience members may have left behind are thrown away.
- Strike all mics and cords, returning them to their proper location. Cords and cables should be properly coiled (for help, check with the technician). Any mics that were picked up from the PAC Shop must be returned to the PAC Shop.
- Return the light plot to its standard position, if you had focused any lights to a specific spot.
- Pull back or strike any curtains to allow for easy access for other groups coming in the following day.
- The theater should be returned to the state you found it in when you first came into the theater at the beginning of tech week.