Platt Student Performing Arts House provides leadership and support for the creation and implementation of arts programming for students at the University of Pennsylvania. Become part of the magic by contributing to our mission and supporting our students.
Contributions to Platt House support all student performing artists: singers, dancers, musicians, comedians, spoken word artists, and thespians, as well as a broad spectrum of visual artists on campus. Platt House is more than a rehearsal facility; it is a home-away-from-home for hundreds of Penn students. Your gift helps us:
- Advise student artists and provide production support;
- Support special collaborative productions including Student Performing Arts Night (SPAN), Family Performing Arts Night (FamPAN), the Emily Sachs Dance Benefit, and TAC-e One Acts;
- Offer programs such as After School Arts at Penn, PennArts Pre-Orientation Program, master classes, career mentoring, and more;
- Subsidize students’ access to local performing arts events, audio and video software, and professional development;
- Provide an effective and safe facility conducive to productive and fun rehearsals;
- Maintaining pianos, sprung floors, mirrors, and other fixtures, and pursuing enhanced facility features;
- Update and maintain audio/visual equipment such as light boards, sound boards, microphones, keyboards, amplifiers, and rehearsal room sound systems;
- Secure portable mirrors and barres to transform any space into a dance rehearsal room;
- Improve PAC Shop power tools and safety equipment.
Qualifying gifts made to Platt House are recognized with engraved stars on “The Star Wall” at the main entrance-way into Platt House. Become a Platt House Star today!